The Only Pumpkin Spice Recipe You'll Need
Everyone knows that it isn’t officially Fall until you’re drinking strictly pumpkin spice lattes.
With the first sign of a chill in the air, it’s that time again.
This Fall season there’s no need to leave the comfort of your home to sip on the
infamous drink. Although brio! is ready to drink out of the bottle, it can also be transformed in a
variety of ways. Use brio! in everything from cocktails, to desserts, to (you guessed it) pumpkin
Because brio! is made from the freshest coffee beans we could get our hands on, this pumpkin
spice latte is sure to blow any other one you’ve previously tasted out of the water.
Follow this recipe for a twist on your favorite Fall drink.
brio! Pumpkin Spice Latte
● 6 oz brio! cold brew
● 1 cup Acorn Squash Puree (See recipe)
● 1 acorn squash, about 6” in diameter
● 2 Tablespoon Pumpkin Spice Simple Syrup (See recipe)
● 1 cup sugar
● 1 cup water
● 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
● 2 Tablespoon pumpkin spice
● 1 can Cream of Coconut
● 1 Teaspoon Pumpkin Spice (Garnish; see recipe)
● 4 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
● 2 teaspoons of ground ginger
● 1 teaspoon of ground clove
● ½ teaspoon of ground nutmeg
● Ice (As needed)
● Tall glass
● Measuring spoons
● Sheet Pan
● Aluminum Foil
● Blender (Ninja works great!)
● Small bowl
● Measuring cup
1. Prepare acorn squash puree (or use store-bought pumpkin puree as a quick and easy
a. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
b. Cut acorn squash in half and remove seeds with a spoon. Discard seeds.
c. Individually wrap each half in aluminum foil, place on a sheet pan (flesh side up)
and bake for about 2 hours.
d. Remove from oven and let acorn squash cool for about 30 minutes.
e. Once cool enough to work with, use a spoon to remove all of the flesh from the
squash. Set aside.
f. Discard skin and place flesh in a blender. Blend until smooth (about 30 seconds
to 1 minute).
g. Place puree in an airtight container and reserve.
2. Prepare homemade pumpkin spice.
a. Combine cinnamon, ginger, clove and nutmeg. Store in an airtight container and
3. Prepare pumpkin spice simple syrup.
a. Place sugar in a heat-safe bowl.
b. Microwave 1 cup of water for 2 minutes. Water should be almost boiling.
c. Add water to sugar, and mix until all sugar is dissolved.
d. Add vanilla extract and pumpkin spice. Whisk until all ingredients are dissolved.
Let mixture cool for about 10 minutes.
e. Once cool, transfer to an airtight container and reserve (will last up to 2 weeks
4. In a shaker, combine brio! cold brew, acorn squash puree, pumpkin spice simple syrup
and coconut cream. Add about ½ cup of ice. Cover and shake vigorously for about 20
5. Strain mixture in a tall glass with ice and sprinkle a pinch of pumpkin spice on top.
Follow brio! on Instagram @briocoldbrew, and stay tuned for more exquisite brio! recipes